The Renaissance synagogue in the Zamosc Old City was built in 1610 - 1618 in the late Renaissance style.
It is one of the most spectacular monuments of Jewish heritage in Poland.
It was a functioning place of worship for over 300 years. During World War II Nazis turned the interior into a carpenters' workshop.
Synagogue has been restored lately, construction and conservation works started in July 2009 and have been completed in the summer of 2010.
The opening ceremony will take place on April 5th, 2011.
After several years of neglect, the goal is to transform the synagogue into a modern cultural institution that will serve as a Museum of Zamosc Jews and a centre for various local initiatives, especially those connected with culture and heritage.