Part of the historical textile factory founded by Izrael Poznanski in mid 19th century.
In the times of its past glory the factory produced million of metres of cotton material. The first cloth was spun here in1852.
It reached its present size in 1910 when over 6,000 people were employed weaving cotton.
The industrial empire of Poznanski was a self-sufficient district which included the owner's residence, factory, workers housing complex, church and a hospital.
It was still one of the biggest textile factories in Poland after the world war two. With the collapse of its main market in the Soviet Union in the 1990's it ceased trading in 1997.
The whole site was bought up by a French Company in 2000 and today a big shoping and entertainment center "Manufaktura" is located in these historic buildings (opened its doors in May 2006).
This is how it looked like ca.1895