Mostowa means the bridge street and is one of the oldest streets in Warsaw New Town. It lead to the first wooden bridge built in 1573 as well as to the Mostowa Gate.
In 1944, during the Warsaw Uprising, it was destroyed. The houses on Mostowa street were rebuilt in 1948 - 1956 were inspired a little by the classicist style.
The sgraffiti and the mosaics designed by, among others, Roman Artymowski and Z. Kowalska.