"The Black House" (at Marketplace number 4) is probably the most valuable and famous tenement house in Lviv.
This tenement house was built at the end of 16th century for Italian tax-collector Tomas Alberti.
Front elevation is made from sandstone, darkened through the ages. Since 1926 the Historic Museum of city Lviv is situated in "The Black House".
The house is definitively one of the most beautiful examples of renessaince architecture in Lviv.