This gallery contains images of two well known Thai Historical parks: Sukothai and Aytthaya, both former ancient kindoms in for the most what is now known as Thailand.
* Ayutthaya is located 85 km north of Bangkok. Ayutthaya was Thailand's capital from 1350 to 1767. In this period it was a well adn international known commercial center, but today only the ruins of this splendid city are to be seen. The ruins and temples are quite spectacular and some are still intact such as the bronze statues of Wat Yai Chai Mongkol and Wat Panancheng. In 1767, the Ayutthaya kingdom fell to the Burmese. In 1991 Ayutthaya was declared as a World heritage site by UNESCO.
* The Sukhothai Historical Park covers the ruins of Sukothai , capital of the Sukothai Kingdom in the 13th and 14th centuries, in what is now the north of Thailand. It is located near the modern city of Sukhothai, capital of the province with the same name. The city walls form a rectangle about 2 km east-west by 1.6 km north-south. There are 193 ruins on 70 square kilometers of land. There is a gate in the centre of each wall. Inside are the remains of the royal palace and twenty-six temples, the largest being Wat Mahathat. On December 12, 1991, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO as part of the Historic Town of Sukhothai