|James Robertson | profile | all galleries >> Long Island >> St. Josephat's Monastery||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow | map|
The 74-room tudor revival mansion sitting on a 118-acres was built in 1916 by industrialist J.E. Aldred.
After he went bankrupt in 1942, Ormston (the name of the estate at the time) was taken over by an order of Basilian monks. They have lived there ever since.