The basilica of Sant'Eugenio, on the Viale delle Belle Arti in Rome's Pinciano district, is
dedicated to St. Eugenius, the C7th pope in whose name Pius XIIth was baptised.
Its wartime construction was funded from gifts he received for the Silver Jubilee of his episcopate
(May 1942), on land donated by the Cavalieri di Colombo (Knights of Columbus) - but although
work began immediately, the reinterpreted Baroque building was only completed in 1951.
Frescoes inside include 'The Triumph of the Cross' above the altar (which features an image of
Pius) and others in the various chapels.