Thank you, Judith, for mentioning pasta pomodoro. I'd never made it before today and it is DIVINE. Just rinsed off two cups of freshly picked Juliet tomatoes into the food processor to chop them and prepared a recipe I found here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pasta-Pomodoro/Detail.aspx
Here's the recipe for 4 servings with my changes:
* 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta )I used Barilla Plus Multigrain Angel Hair
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced (I used the food processor)
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used Nakano Balsamic Blend Seasoned Rice Vinegar)
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth (I used Tones Chicken Base from Sam's)
* crushed red pepper to taste
* freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (also added chopped fresh Italian Parsley)
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.