SP #314 (ex-Vermillion Sugar Company #,1, exx-Texas & New Orleans #14, exxx-Houston &
Texas Central 314, exxxx-Houston & Texas Central #114) is a ten-wheeler. Her wheel arrangement
is 4-6-0 - - she has 4 pilot wheels, 6 driving wheels and lacks trailing wheels.
She was originally built for the Houston and Texas Central Railroad and was given the number 114.
She was sold in July 1940 to the Vermilion Sugar Company, Erath, LA, and was renumbered 1. She
was sold in 1957 to F. Nelson Blount of Bellows Falls, VT, who donated her, about 1965, to
Steamtown (then in Vermont, now in Scranton, Penna.). The Galveston Museum managed to track down
this engine and purchased her from Steamtown when the Museum was being formed.