photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Type your message and click Add Comment
It is best to login or register first but you may post as a guest.
Enter an optional name and contact email address. Name
Name Email
help private comment
Compass Marine How To | all galleries >> Welcome To >> Seacock & Thru-Hull Primer/Pre Information > This is a Flanged Adapter Plate
previous | next
This is a Flanged Adapter Plate

This is a Flanged Adapter Plate

This is a relatively new item in seacock technology. It allows the use of an NPT threaded ball valve on the top and a NPS threaded thru-hull then threads into the bottom.

As far as I know these are currently only made by Groco. The benefit is that even if the valve wears out you simply thread a new one onto the flange. This avoids a very time consuming job of removing the thru-hull, thru-bolts and seacock and then having to re-install these parts and fair over the bolt holes.

Nikon D200
1/60s f/4.0 at 24.0mm iso100 full exif

other sizes: small medium large
comment | share
Barry Jones 30-Jan-2013 05:44
Thank so much, you saved me a lot of time.
Ray 12-Mar-2012 03:33
Forespar offers MARLON flange adapters.
Brett 05-Jun-2008 19:23
Where'd you buy this? Do they differing sizes? Thanks!