photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Type your message and click Add Comment
It is best to login or register first but you may post as a guest.
Enter an optional name and contact email address. Name
Name Email
help private comment
Compass Marine How To | all galleries >> Welcome To >> Seacock & Thru-Hull Primer/Pre Information > These are called Thru-Hulls
previous | next
These are called Thru-Hulls

These are called Thru-Hulls

This item is called a thru-hull or sometimes a "mushroom head". They are straight threaded (NPS thread) so they can be cut to the correct length for your hulls thickness and then be threaded into a female straight threaded seacock or a flanged adapter. The one on the right has already been cut to length. Most all thru-huls installed into proper seacocks will need to be cut to the proper length.

When installing them with a proper seacock the nuts are not used.


Nikon D200
1/60s f/4.0 at 36.0mm iso100 full exif

other sizes: small medium large
previous | next
comment | share
Cameron 19-May-2012 12:38
Flush mount vs mushroom mount for engin water intake anyy advantage to flush mount?
Guest 18-Apr-2012 06:39
where are the comments?