The Calvet house was built in 1725 inside the city's fortified walls, under the French regime. It is the oldest historical house that is open for public accommodations in Montreal. Located at the corner of Bonsecours and Saint-Paul streets, it is massive and imposing with its stone walls and enormous chimney's.
Les Filles du Roy, now a restaurant, has an interesting history, being where the young women lived who were brought to Montréal by the King of France to become wives for the settlers whom he had heard were taking up with prostitutes and Indian women because of a shortage of females.
Bonsecours Street is located in the heart of Old-Montreal at a walking distance of the Old-Port. It is one of the oldest in the city with its cobble stone street. The chapel Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours and the Maison Pierre du Calvet are surrounded by historic homes that date from the XVIIIth and XIXth century.
Move information about this Hotel/Restaurant may be found on their website: http://www.pierreducalvet.ca/