The castle of Holloko was first mentioned in a written source in 1310 and it was probably built upon the command of the famous Hungarian King VI Bela.
The castle was occupied by Turkish troops in 1552 and was set free in 1683 by a Polish king. But after this the castle was abandoned and no one took care of the building.
In 1711 upon a command of a king the local people started to demolish the castle. The remains of the castle are in the best condition in the region.