A calm sea and smooth waves distinguish this historic region, where the naval fleet, which intended to reclaim the Archipelago from the Dutch, landed in 1629.
It's an optional point to be visited in the periods of undertow at the inside sea. Protecting the bay at the left side there are the ruins of the São Joaquim do Sueste Fort.
Next to the sea there is the only mangrove in an oceanic island, an ecologic rarity.
Considering its importance as an alternate harbour, at this bay ends the BR-363 road, which starts at the Santo Antônio Barbour, at the opposite side of the island.
It's an area of the National Reserve with permanent control