photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Henk Binnendijk | all galleries >> Places in Alaska , Yukon and BC >> Manley Hot Springs > Manley Hot Springs
previous | next
Manley Hot Springs
April 2000 Henk Binnendijk

Manley Hot Springs

Alaska

The Roadhouse used to be 'Sam's Rooms and Meals'. It first opened in 1903, when the area was a service and supply point for miners in the Eureka and Tofty Mining Districts, and was known as 'Baker's Hot Springs', after nearby Baker Creek. The name was changed to Manley Hot Springs in 1957. Since then a new section with modern hotel rooms was added to the back of the Roadhouse. On the grounds near the bridge over the hot springs slough is a campground. The Roadhouse has a large bar and restaurant.


other sizes: small medium large original
comment