In 1899 Church of England missionaries from Canada built this 'Mission of Our Savior'
a few miles upriver from Tanana. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
The Tanana Mission church was partly restored in the 1990's, but is now abandoned.
The church building has multiple gables above a 52-by-48-foot (16 m × 15 m) plan.
The mission once included a hospital, a sawmill, a rectory, and a school.