The Immacuate Conception Church is the town's first Catholic church, built in 1904.
Originally it was located on the other side of the river, on First Avenue and Dunkel Street.
In the winter of 1911, the church was moved closer to old St. Joseph's Hospital, now the
Denali State Bank. Horses pulled it across the frozen river, using logs to roll it.