Old stone in the ruins of 'La Chapelle Sainte-Anne'.
This 'chapelle' -or what is left of it- used to be 'Saint Paul's Church'.
It was built in the 11th and 12th centuries on the site of an even older church.
Later, it was dedicated to Sainte Anne, patron saint of seamen and of the island of Batz.
Between the 17th and 19th centuries this part of Batz island was hit by severe sandstorms.
The church disappeared in the sand.
In 1860 the removal of the sand cover caused the collapse of the roof and of the nave’s pillars.
The chapel’s ruins were classified as a historic monument in 1980.