The Sher-dor Madrasah is another Islamic school on Samarkand’s Registan public square. It was built between 1619 and 1636.
The Registan, meaning “sandy place” or “desert” in Persian, was the heart of the ancient city of Samarkand of the Timurid dynasty. It was a public square where people gathered to hear royal proclamations, heralded by blasts on enormous copper pipes, as well as a place for public executions. It is framed by three madrasahs (Islamic schools) of distinctive Islamic architecture.
Before and after: Ulugh Beg Madrasah in disrepair, posted earlier: