In 1184 the remains of St. Florian were sent to Kraków, but the horses pulling the carriage stopped at this site and refused to proceed to the city gate. This was taken as a miraculous sign indicating where the relics should be placed, and so this church was built between 1183 and 1212. Due damages sustained during various invasions, no signs of the medieval church remain. The current interior dates from 1677 to 1684, and the exterior was redone in the early 20th century.
This was another church that had extremes of light and dark..