Tonite (Day 5 of the build) was all about gluing up the two cases. I probably spent two hours or
more just making sure each joint fit properly and setting up the clamping program before ever
pulling out the glue (Titebond III). When I finished the first case (the small one here) I realized
I'd need a couple more small clamps for the right angle corner supports on the second case. That
was excuse enough to head to Lowe's for a few new ones. When I got back it was short work fitting,
gluing, and clamping the rest of the job. You can never have too many clamps... that's the mantra.
These will sit in the clamps a full 24 hrs until I get back in the shop tomorrow night. At that
point work will start on the face frames. The assemblies will be very fragile until the frames and
back panel are on. So things might continue to look like this for a couple more days.
Speaking of clamps... you are probably seeing $600 worth of them in this shot! :) I love my clamps!
This is actually a pretty amazing photo because everything in it (except the walls, the concrete
floor, the radio and the garbage can) I built. :) And with all this, my truck still fits at night!