photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Gill Kopy | profile | all galleries >> Fort St. James Historic Site tree view | thumbnails | slideshow

Fort St. James Historic Site

Simon Fraser built the first trading post here in 1806 in the Nak'azdli territory on Stuart Lake. Fraser and John Stuart found the area rich in fur bearing animals which were in high demand in Europe, but it wasn't until the end of the century that the post was completed as it is seen today. The post was alive and active until 1952.
Stuart Lake.jpg
Stuart Lake.jpg
Store room.jpg
Store room.jpg
Storage shed.jpg
Storage shed.jpg
Living the part.jpg
Living the part.jpg
Comfort.jpg
Comfort.jpg
Kitchen.jpg
Kitchen.jpg
Sewing room.jpg
Sewing room.jpg
To the kitchen.jpg
To the kitchen.jpg
Officers bedroom3.jpg
Officers bedroom3.jpg
Officers bedroom2.jpg
Officers bedroom2.jpg
Officers bedroom.jpg
Officers bedroom.jpg
Officers Quarters.jpg
Officers Quarters.jpg
Path to Officers quarters.jpg
Path to Officers quarters.jpg
Interpreter.jpg
Interpreter.jpg
Furs for flour.jpg
Furs for flour.jpg
Warehouse.jpg
Warehouse.jpg
Skunk.jpg
Skunk.jpg