This is my second attempt at making this pattern. My first attempt a year ago was a disaster because I used a heavy linen, washed it before cutting out but did not iron it, and ended up with facings that buckled horribly. The garment was a good fit but unwearable.
Now I have made it again in a tropical print cotton poplin from Spotlight, which has been in my stash for maybe as much as seven years. I cut size XL but used a 115cm seam allowance as I do not like working with Kwik Sew's 6mm seam allowances. The result is a size between large and extra large but a good fit. The shirt is slightly boxy, despite having bust darts, but adding vertical darts to the back would help. Slight amendments I made were: adding 7cm/3in hemline slits to the side seams for extra wearing ease; adding about 1cm along the outer edge of the collar to make the collar wider; and tapering the sleeves by folding a vertical wedge in the pattern tissue to reduce fullness.
I am very pleased with the finished shirt and certainly want to make this pattern again.