The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution 62/139 in which it has declared 2nd April as World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD). April is also the Autism Awareness Month.The resolution was made to draw the world's attention to this neurological disorder that has affected many lives. It encourages all member ststes to initiative and take steps to spread the word and raise the level of awareness on this epidemic.
1. No blood tests, scan, image can detect autism disorder.
2. Doctors say early treatment yields better results.
3. Autism affects some 35 million children worldwide.
4. The cost to care for children and adults with autism is rising.
5. Many insurance and healthcare co. exclude coverage and protection for autism.
......the list goes on.
You may go to the following sites to learn more:
I hereby dedicate The Other Side gallery to all those innocent children/people who suffer from this incurable disorder and hope to bring awarness to the public about Autism.