The Madrasa Sibaiye was a funerary madrase in memory of Sibai, like Sinan Paşa governor of Damascus. It was built between 1509 and 1515. It seems the governor robbed other buildings of their ornaments, so the madrasa is also known as Jamia al-Jawami (“mosque of mosques”). The facade has the Mamluk styled bands of white and black stone (ablaq).
The formal main entrance.