This mosque was built in 1737 by Feyzullah Efendi, a brother of Grand-Vizier Hekimoğlu Ali Paşa, in replacement of an older mosque (the Güzelce Kasım Paşa Camii, from the reign of Süleyman the Magnificent) that had been destroyed by a fire. The 18th century mosque and its surroundings were renewed in 1994-1998.
On the picture: The interior, which is representative of the 18th century ‘Turkish Rococo’ style.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Source: Murat Yigit at ‘wowturkey.com’ .