The ‘Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Camii’ (Mosque of Süleyman the Magnificent) is the second historic mosque of Mudurnu. It lies west of the 'Yıldırım Camii'. In the absence of a building inscription, dating it is somewhat hazardous; if the oral tradition is right, it should be between 1520 and 1566.
On the picture: Inside the prayer hall. No dome, but a nice wooden ceiling. And a lot of wooden furniture, such as the ‘minber’ (pulpit) and the large ‘mahfil’ (raised platform).
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Source: ‘Vakıf Abideler ve eski Eserler’ II - Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara 1977.