The ‘Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Camii’ (Mosque of Süleyman the Magnificent) is the second historic mosque of Mudurnu. It lies west of the 'Yıldırım Camii'. In the absence of a building inscription, dating it is somewhat hazardous; if the oral tradition is right, it should be between 1520 and 1566.
On the picture: Inside the prayer hall. No dome, but a nice wooden ceiling. Next to the entrance door, a wooden staircase leads up to the raised platform where women go if they want to join the common prayer.
On the ground floor, in the corner, a balustrade isolates a small space for instruction and reading (outside the prayer hours, of course).
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Source: ‘Vakıf Abideler ve eski Eserler’ II - Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara 1977.