The 'Yıldırım Camii' is also called ‘Ulu Cami’ (Great Mosque), 'Karakadi Camii' (Mosque of the Black Judge) or 'Paşa Camii' (Mosque of the Pasha). Built in 1382, ordered by (the future sultan) Yıldırım Beyazıt, who was governor of the region at that time. The mosque has been restored several times, last after a severe earthquake in 1944. Fortunately, this didn’t alter its original appearance too much.
On the picture: The western entrance of the 'Yıldırım Camii' (left) facing the entrance of the ‘Yukarı Taş Han’ (= Upper Stone Han/Hotel for caravans), built in 1750.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘Vakıf Abideler ve eski Eserler’ II - Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara 1977 & Personal visit (1996).