This is the door of the Kadi Cami from 1499. The Kadi Camii (Mosque of the Judge) was built by Demirtaş Paşaoğlu Mehmet Bey, from the aristocrat Isfendiyaroğlu family (based in Kastamonu), which ruled the region almost independently in the 14th-15th century and often acted as real governors under the Ottomans later on.
Originally the mosque had a gallery with four pillars on its north side, but this was not rebuild when the mosque was restored after an earthquake.
The ‘Şadırvan’ in front is a type of fountain that is usually built near the entrance of mosques or other buildings where ritual prayers can be held, with the main purpose of providing water for drinking or ritual ablutions to several people at the same time, but also as decorative visual or sound element. It is a typical element of Ottoman architecture. It is also called ‘abdest alma çeşmesi’ (= fountain for ablutions).
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘Vakıf Abideler ve eski Eserler’ II - Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara 1977 & Personal visit (1996).