From a note on site: In his book of travels Evliya Çelebi writes that between 1479 and 1515 Alaüddevle Mosque was built under Alaüddevle Bozkurt Bey. Only the minaret remains from that period. It was completely reconstructed in 1901 under architect Armenak and master-builder Kirkor. It has aa single dome and is richly decorated. The northern façade is built of black and white stones. The mihrab has a pointed arch and looks like a portal. The minaret is in the Mamaluk style, and is built on a square basis with a cylindrical body. It is the only extant work from the Beylik of the Sons of Dulkadir. Under a balcony with blind niches muqarnas are visible. The mosque has no excess congregation area [the space, often in front, where late-comers can attend without entering the mosque].