This is an entrance to the Hunat Hatun Külliyesi: the usual complex of mosque, medrese and mausoleum. It was founded in 1235-38 by sultan Alaeddin Kaykobad's favorite Mahperi.
On the picture: The monumental entrance to the medrese, in the middle of its western facade.
This Hunat Medresesi (Hunat Higher Kuran school) housed the Kayseri Archeologic Museum from 1930 to 1969. Then it was the Etnographic Museum, until 1998. After functioning as a ‘çarşı’ (shopping center) for a few years, it has become the ‘Hunat Medresesi Kültür ve Sanat Merkezi’ (Culture and Arts Center) in 2013.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen
Sources: ‘Kayseri Kültür Varlıkları Envanteri’ (Kayseri Belediyesi 2008) & Website of ‘kayseriehaber.com’