From 1267, this former Kuran school now functions as a nice shopping centre.
It is also named ‘Sahip Ata Medresesi’, after the Seljuk vizier who had it built during the Ilhanlı domination over Anatolia (1243-1335). These ‘Ilhanlı / Ilkhanids’ are Iran based Mongols, who defeated the Seljuks at the Battle of Köse Dağ in 1243 and annexed their territory.
On the picture: The inner side of the ‘Taşkapı’ (stone gatehouse), and a music shop installed there.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen