The actual Municipal Library was originally a ‘medrese’ (school): a construction with a ground plan in U, built around an open courtyard. There was a ‘dershane’ (classroom) in middle of the southern wing and 16 small residence rooms for the students (eight on each side). It was last repaired in 1952-1971, and then became a library.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Source: ‘Vakıf Abideler ve eski Eserler’ - Vakıflar Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara 1983 .