Part of the decoration in the courtyard, this is northern part of the mosque wall as it faces the courtyard.
The broad calligraphic border (with its script in white, on a blue base adorned with floral motifs) is the work of Hattat (= calligrapher) Tenekecizade Mustafa Çelebi. Classical Ottoman, about 1660.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘Türkiye Tarihi Yerler Kılavuzu’ – M.Orhan Bayrak, Inkılâp Kitabevi, Istanbul, 1994