photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Dick Osseman | profile | all galleries >> Istanbul >> Churches - Kiliseler >> Armenian Evangelical church of Gedik-Pasha tree view | thumbnails | slideshow | map

The Hagia Triada church | Greek Orthodox Patriarchate | Balat's Balino church | St. Stephen of the Bulgars | Greek Orthodox church of St. Constantine | Anarat Hurtin Kilesi | St. Mary Draperis | Aya Todori Rum Ortodoks Kilisesi | Church of St. Nikolas of psomathia | Blachernae Ayazma | Unknown Armenian church | Evangelista Rum Ortodoks Kilisesi | Aya Dimitri Rum Kilisesi | Lusavoriç Armenian Church | Balıklı Kilise or Fishy Church | Metroloji Filistin Ortodoks Kilisesi | Asvazoni Church | Unknown church | Church of St. Anthony of Padua | Church of St. Polyeuktos | St. Johns Armenian Church | Armenian Evangelical church of Gedik-Pasha | Armenian Church in Üşküdar | Hovhan Vosgeperan Church

Armenian Evangelical church of Gedik-Pasha

It is the second Armenian Evangelical Church to be established in Istanbul, on November 1, 1850. In the period between 1850-1905 the church used to be known as the Armenian Evangelical church of Langa, according to the neighborhood where it was first established. From 1854-1888 the congregation used to meet for worship services in a house in Langa, but when the place became too small and old for the growing number of the members, the meetings were held in a rented place on Gedik-Pasha street, to the time when the church council buys a land with the vision of building its permanent sanctuary. But the Ottoman imperial permission was delayed against all the hopes of the members.

I could not visit the interior.
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5288.jpg
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5288.jpg
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5289.jpg
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5289.jpg
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5290.jpg
Istanbul Gedik Pasha Armenian church december 2015 5290.jpg