The historic Empire Theatre which began life in 1921 as the Mainstreet Theatre had been closed and abandoned for many years. Multiple hodgepodge renovations over the years had to be removed and hazardous materials remediated. The entire exterior envelope had to be restored to its original historic grandeur, including new infrastructure for a 60’ tall historic steel tower blade sign and new digital circular marquee. Then a new 6 screen state of the art all digital and 3D digital theatre featuring Cinema Suites, along with a new restaurant and bar were reinserted into the shell while maintaining the spirit of the original structure. This theatre anchors the end of restaurant row in the new Power and Light District.