The honorific boards hung in the main hall of Kwong Wah Hospital
were given by local charity bodies and merchants
to show their appreciation for the excellent and charitable services offered by the hospital.
The history of the hospital can be traced back to 1911.
It was a Chinese medicine hospital
that offered free of charge medical services to the grass roots.
These traditions continue today
but the hospital has been offering both Chinese and Western medicine.
The main hall was constructed in traditional Chinese style
with sloping tile roof, wooden beams and columns.
Posted on 31 March 2009
Best viewed at "original" size