In about 1850, the Yi Tai Study Hall (Study Hall of Two Immortals)
was originally built to accommodate the two immortals,
Man Cheong (literary god) and Kwan Tai (martial god).
However, the plan was changed by a group of 16 local scholar-gentry.
They formed a society “The Tang Society of the Two Immortals” and
built it as a study hall for the Tangs’ children.
Posted on 16 March 2009
Best viewed at "original" size