The Hood County Court House is the center of the Granbury Historic District. Named after Confederate General Hood the county is predominantly rural with its focus on Lake Granbury. The Court House was built in 1891 and is designed in the Second Empire/Romanesque-style. Its white limestone was quarried within 5 miles of the town square.
This photograph was entered in the 2005 Photography Exhibit of the Granbury Art Association where it was awarded first place in the Landscape/Architecture category.