A well-behanved small class of kids and their teacher are seated quietly in front of Carpeaux's sculpture of "The Dance".
Commissioned in 1863 by Charles Garnier for the front of the Paris Opera, the original shown here,
is housed safely in the Musee d'Orsay, and a copy stands outside the Opera House.
Carpeaux conveyed a sense of motion with unbalanced postures of the figures with linked hands,
and the leaping central figure with his hands up, along with the jumble of smaller figures
intertwined in the composition.