|Battery Yates was constructed in 1903 and armed with six M1902 3-inch rifles mounted on M1902 pedastal mounts 1905. Four guns from Battery Yates were removed in 1942. Two were emplaced on top of old Fort Point and two were emplaced at Gravelly Beach, for use as Anti-Motor Torpedo Boat guns. Later the Gravely Beach guns were also moved to Fort Point. By 1943, the remaining guns were removed and scrapped.