|This battery saw service from 1905 to August 1943, its armament was dismounted and salvaged in 1943, and sold for junk. One of the shell rooms were used to store the Fort Barry radio in May 23 1940. It was reclassified to Class C, to be used in training and target practice in lieu of Battery Livingston, Reference 662.b (SAN FRANCISCO) 396 DATED 3 July 1941. And the battery was also used to store mine explosives April 27,1944. The radio, equipment was removed from the battery some time prior to April 1943.