|Bill Taylor | profile | all galleries >> California Landscapes >> Daffodil Hill||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
|Daffodil Hill is a 4 acre farm owned by the McLaughlin family since 1887. The farm began as a 36-acre ranch and toll road for travelers and teamsters hauling timber. In the early days of the Gold Rush, Daffodil Hill was a regular stopping place for teamsters hauling timber from the Sierras down to the Kennedy and Argonaut Mines, and for eastbound travelers heading for the Comstock Lode on the Amador-Nevada Wagon Road (Highway 88).
In 1887, after coming west from New York and Ohio, Arthur and his wife, Lizzie, began to plant the first daffodil bulbs in their spare time. The bulbs have since been lovingly nurtured.