The former Marine Police Headquarters was constructed in 1884,
comprises a main building, a stable block and signal tower.
It has been by the Marine Police , except for the Japanese Occupation (1941-1945)
when the compound was used as a base by the Japanese navy.
During the Japanese Occupation Period, extensive underground tunnels
were constructed beneath the lawn but after World War II,
these tunnels were blocked and the lawn was re-turfed for the safety of public.
The compound is a declared monument since 1994
as it is one of the four oldest surviving government buildings in Hong Kong.
The Compound and the Old Kowloon Fire Station has now been re-developed
into a heritage hotel with food and beverage outlets and retail facilities.