The USS Wisconsin (BB-64) is an Iowa-class battleship, and is the second ship of the United States Navy named in honor of the U.S. state of Wisconsin. She was built at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, and launched on December 7, 1943. She is one of the largest and last of the great battleships built by the US Navy. She is 889 feet long and moves at 33 knots.
She served in World War II, where she shelled Japanese positions at Ulithi and Leyte Gulf.. She was recommissioned in 1951 for service in the Korean War.
She was reactivated and modernized in 1986 and participated in the 1991 Gulf War.
Wisconsin was last decommissioned in September 1991, having earned a total of six battle stars for war service in Korea and WWII, and a Navy Unit Commendation for service during the first Gulf War. She currently functions as a museum ship at the Nauticus National Maritime Center in Norfolk. The Wisconsin is still maintained and could be reactivated again if needed to serve her country.