The Church was built 1671-1674 on top of another church which was built in 1440.
According to the coats of arms above the door Hereditary Marshall Johann Riedesel and Margarete, Diede zu Fürstenstein, and Volprecht Riedesel and Elisabeth von Hardenberg were the builders.
The church is Lutheran as the Reformation was introduced to the "Junkerland" by Hermann II Riedesel in the year 1526, an early date for this area.
(For an explanation, please see main gallery page)
All images © 2004-2018 by Walter Otto Koenig, Images may not be copied, downloaded, or linked. All rights reserved.