Many years ago this was the second of three gates and had a drawbridge and moat.
Now it is the Outer Gatehouse and is attached to a Service Building in which the the Estate Administration is housed.
All date to about 1500, and were built with locally found field stones.
The half timbered facade was redone later and dates from the 18th Century.
(For an explanation, please see main gallery page)
All images © 2004-2013 by Walter O. Koenig, Images may not be copied, downloaded, or linked. All rights reserved.