Many years ago this was the second of three gates and had a drawbridge and moat.
Now it is the Outer Gatehouse and is attached to a Service Building.
All date to about 1500, and were built with locally found field stones.
(For an explanation, please see main gallery page)
All images © 2004-2017 by Walter Otto Koenig, Images may not be copied, downloaded, or linked. All rights reserved.