One of California's finest examples of the Arts and Crafts movement, the Marston House was constructed in 1905 for George W. Marston and his wife, Anna Gunn Marston.
The property was designed and built by the internationally renowned architects William Sterling Hebbard and Irving Gill.
Surrounded by five acres of rolling lawns, manicured formal gardens, and rustic canyon gardens, this 8,500 square-foot home became a house museum in 1987 after the Marston family gifted it to the City of San Diego for the enjoyment of the public.
The House was in some state of decay until recently. The Save Our Heritage Organization now operates the house.
The Marston House Museum and Gardens are open four days a week during the winter season and five days a week during the summer season
All images © 2004-2015 by Walter Otto Koenig, Images may not be copied, downloaded, or linked. All rights reserved.